Share This Article
Sovereign Hill’s Winter Wonderlights event has become a staple of the winter calendar in regional Victoria, and the 2022 edition of Winter Wonderlights is proving to be the biggest ever.
After two years of cancelled, and interrupted events, Ballarat’s Winter Wonderlights will run from Saturday 25 June until Sunday 17 July. More than 95,000 visitors have set their eyes on the spectacle of lights and performances at past Winter Wonderlights events.
There is plenty to see at the event this year, with snow falling, fires, delicious food, cockle-warming drinks, live music, and interactive theatre shows. Here’s a rundown of what you can expect to see at this year’s Winter Wonderlights.
- Shining Streetscapes | Witness a kaleidoscope of colour and music as vibrant projections shine across Sovereign Hill’s iconic street settings.
- Snowings | Watch as Main Street is decorated in daily dustings of white faux snow.
- Late Night Wonderlights | Experience Sovereign Hill but not as you remember it from school excursions. Grab a drink and be enchanted by the lights while listening to live music in this late-night wonderland event.
- Winter Wonderlights Dinner | Cosy up inside at the New York Bakery for a warming two-course meal featuring traditional and contemporary style dishes.
- Diggings After Dark | Be transported back to a typical night on the diggings complete with roaring fires, sing-a-longs, police raids and evening sounds.
- St Nicholas’s Grotto | Snap a photo with St Nick inside his traditional winter hut to celebrate Christmas in July.
- Aura | Feel the vibrations as stars explode in front of your eyes, watch as the land is
transformed by the gold rush and dive into the chaos of the Eureka Rebellion.
- Arts and crafts | Little ones can get creative as they craft keepsake artwork to take home.
- Live entertainment | Enjoy nightly free performances from Blackbeard the Pirate and
Sovereign Hill’s own in-house band, The Welcome Strangers as well as classic Christmas carols played by a good old-fashioned brass ensemble.
Head to Sovereign Hill’s website for further information.
When’s it on?
Saturday 27 June until Sunday 17 July from 10am daily.
Where is it?
Sovereign Hill, Bradshaw Street, Golden Point
Adults $58.20, Children (5-15) $29.00, Family $146.40